Electric Car Charging for Free at Westport Train Station is a great idea. Communities working to encourage people to consume less energy is a fabulous new trend.
The closest 18 parking spots are proposed to be reissued to 20 electric car parking spots. The Westport Train Station building is proposed to be outfitted with solar panels, to pull in the energy needed to charge these electric cars during the day, while commuters are off to work.
Charging terminals would be located at this newly outfitted solar roofed station, and those who paid for their charging spots for their electric cars would also receive free electricity for charging.
The expense for the project will hopefully be funded 80% by a federal grant, which is currently being sought after by the town. The town is hoping that the other 20% will be funded by private donations. The project is forecast to run approximately $330,000. Approval will be needed from the Department of Transportation, which apparently owns the building at the Westport Train Station.
The payment for the leasing of the parking spaces would cover the cost of electricity to charge the vehicles. Having the right to park so close to the train station hopefully will encourage more people to purchase these more environmentally friendly vehicles, and the competition of few available spots may encourage more folks to participate. That's a problem everyone would like to have - more environmentally friendly cars (electric cars)!
Will this be the first train station in the U.S. to have solar panels to charge electric cars in the parking lots during the day?
Electric Car Charging for Free at Westport Train Station
The most recent ranking of the nation’s high schools published by U.S. News & World Report distinguished Connecticut with 11 gold medal schools, 24 silver medal schools, and 4 bronze medal schools. Of the top 10 best high schools listed, half were in the 26th district. Weston, Ridgefield, Wilton, Joel Barlow, Darien, New Canaan, and Staples High School were recognized.
This article has been written by Dagny Eason.
Feel free to call Dagny Eason to discuss this at (203) 762-1700
Dagny Eason | Broker
Direct Line: 203-762-1700
I am hiring agents. We offer great splits, outstanding support, marketing resources, and banana bread.
"He who knows he has enough is rich."